3.16.2013

Getting Back to My Roots





 Shirt: Langford Market Shoes: Old Navy Earrings and Long Necklace: Charming Charlie

Some of you may know this about me, but if you didn't I am originally from a small town in New Mexico. It is located in the North-Western corner in between Shiprock (Navajo Reservation) and Farmington, NM. I was born and raised in this gorgeous state. Where I would spend most my time wishing I could run away and be someone/something amazing. I couldn't wait to be free, and now looking back I truly was. 
I wish I could put it into words how much this little town shaped me and molded me into the person I am today. I loved everything about that place, but I think what made it so great were the people I had around me. 
Family and friends have always been a huge part in my life, and I was blessed to have the best of both. You've heard the saying that it takes a village to raise a child, well I know this to be true in my life. I think in someway everyone I knew (old or young) had some input in how I have become me. It was all the little things, nothing that really sticks out, but all the love and sometimes the hate, that made me realize that life doesn't always go perfectly but it's great to know that you have good people to be there with you through it all. Which makes me think of the song by Gray Allen- Life ain't always beautiful, but it's a beautiful ride.
Ok ok enough nostalgia for one day I think. The weather here in Houston is getting warmer. And to tell you the truth I am not looking forward to the summer. Oh, dear humidity, you are not my friend. I was sweating so bad because I chose to wear jeans and boots on a 77 degree day. Oh well, it was worth it! I kinda love these little booties. They are my favorites but they hit a tiny bit higher on my ankle so I am sure to give my pant legs an extra roll up. If I didn't, my leg would look short and squat(ier). I also really love the loose blousey shirt with skinny, or straight leg pants. And this light peachy brown color goes great with my turquoise necklaces. The litte necklace was given to me as a b-day gift and my big chunky necklace I have had for years and years. 
Thanks for all you that keep reading! You're the best!

SHARE THIS POST - {PINTEREST}

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS