4.13.2013

Just Another Day in Paradise


 Pants: TJ Maxx, Shoes and Belt: Target, Shirt: Old Navy, Necklace and Earrings: Charming Charlie
 
Growing up in this place, I never thought it was particularly pretty. I remember spending our weekend in Durango, Colorado and loving the mountains, all the trees and the river running through the little town. But now that I am back in this place I can see the beauty of it. It's dusty, and under-established, the roads are falling apart and weeds grow wild. But all that, kind of add to the beauty. This place is wild, and unexpected. An hour drive and the terrain changes dramatically. It's almost as if this little town had a mind of it's own, wanting to be drastically different from its surroundings. Off in the distance is Shiprock. There is legend about this rock formation, that I'm not even going to try and recite but that is just one of the many attributes of "my home town" that I love. There is history here, both personally and on a larger scale. Oh, what stories these sands would tell if only they could talk.
 
So I just wanted to let you know, you'll be seeing a lot of the same stuff on my blog for the next couple of weeks, due to me only packing a carry on. Just stick with me here, I think this adds to the fun of getting dressed. It's like a challenge to see how many different outfits I can put together with the same articles of clothing.
I don't know if you can tell but my pants have micro mini poke-a-dots on them! I love poke-a-dots, they are soooo fun! And what more they are very "in" this spring/summer So live it up! One again I added a Chambray shirt (because you can never go wrong with chambray) which made it relaxed and easy going. I matched my shoes to my belt, which is a rule that will never go out of style (although you can mix and match if you really want to) Then (if you look really close you can see my earrings) I added light blue/turquoise earrings because I love that color with coral. And ta-dah! there you have it!  Thanks for reading!


SHARE THIS POST - {PINTEREST}

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS