1.31.2015

Super Bowl Party

You guys, the big game is tomorrow! Who is going to be watching?  I know we are. But for girls like me that like football but like to talk a whole lot more, the Super Bowl is just a fun time to get together, enjoy girl talk and yummy food. So I have been thinking of some recipes to share and where I found those recipes.

First I have to start with something that my Momma would make, that is currently making me salivate, stuffed mushrooms. I know everyone has their own take on these but my mom just made them so perfectly. And the best thing about them, they are simple!

You will need:
1-2 cartons of button mushrooms
1/2 lbs of breakfast sausage
8oz. of cream cheese
1/2 onion- finely chopped
3/4 c. grated cheddar cheese
Garlic powder and paprika to taste
Salt and Pepper to taste



Core your mushrooms, wash and set aside to dry. Cook down the breakfast sausage. Once the sausage is cooked add your cream cheese to the pan and melt it into the cooked sausage. Once combined, season with garlic powder, paprika salt and pepper. It shouldn't take too much salt so go easy on it. Allow that mixture to cool before adding your grated cheese. After adding your cheese spoon the mixture into your now dry mushrooms. Place on baking sheet (make sure you put aluminum foil down first or you will have a huge mess) and cook at 350 for 20-25 minutes. Let these cool for just a minute before biting into them or you will feel like you just ate lava. Set on a cute plate and serve!

Ok now I wanted to share a recipe that I love! I have been following Oh, Sweet Basil 's food blog for some time and she never disappoints. I found this recipe and have tried it and LOVE it!  I really love recipes that are super simple but amazingly delicious! Be sure to check this girl out! She has a million great recipes.

Another food blog that I love to follow is Oh So Delicioso . They are  so talented and again, I love the simplicity of their recipes. One recipe that I have not tried but want to try for Sunday is the Cheesy Waffle Turkey BLT. YUM! Doesn't that sound like you will need a nap afterwords? They have a great selection of yummy recipes so make sure you check them out as well.

The last recipe that I wanted to share is one that my Mother in Law makes. It's a simple dip recipe but again, so good.

1 can black beans
1 can sweet corn
1/2 red onion
Red and Orange bell pepper
1/2 c. Oil
1/2 c red wine vinegar 
1/4 c. Sugar 

Mix together oil, vinegar and sugar in a bowl and set aside. Drain and rinse black beans place in a separate good size mixing bowl. Drain corn and add that to your black beans. Dice onion and bell peppers and add to the black bean mixture. Miss ingredients and the add the oil mixture. The liquid should cover the bean mixture. Let it set for at least an hour so all the flavors can merry together. Serve with tortilla chips.




SHARE THIS POST - {PINTEREST}

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS