1.31.2015

The Liebster Award

I have been nominated by the amazing and oh, so talented Kayla Harrah for the Liebster award. I can not tell you how appreciative I am and thankful that you thought of me. Thank you sweet girl!

The Liebster Award is given to up-and-coming bloggers (usually with less than 1,000 followers) from other bloggers. I am excited to get to know Kayla further, even if it's just through the blogging world! (Make sure you check her Blog and Instagram out. She is a super cutie with amazing talent and style!) Blogging is about building a community, and this award is a great way to spread the word about other great bloggers.
{Upon being nominated by a fellow blogger, you must}:
1) Link to the person or persons who tagged you
2) Answer the 11 questions in the blog post
3) Nominate 11 other bloggers
4) Notify all other nominees via social media
Questions:
1)How did you come up with your blog name?
Well I started my blog with the name "Price4love" but I kinda hated it. (My last name is Price and I liked that part) It was such a quick choice and it seemed tacky and didn't speak to my personality at all. So, my husband and I spent MONTHS thinking of a new one. We came up with "Sweet Sunlight Style" because it hit on every level for me. I love sweets, and often put fun sweet recipes on the blog, but I just think the word "sweet" goes deeper than that. I try to be a sweet person and be kind to everyone. I think that being "sweet" or kind can really go a long way. The word "Sunlight" came from buying our first home. I am a nostalgic person and thought that no matter where we go in life Sunlight Hill will always be our first home. And Style is pretty explanatory. I love style and fashion and I want to express my style through my blog.  
2) Why did you start your blog?
Mainly because I love, more than I can express, I love fashion. I deeply desire to put outfits together and create, if you will, in that way. It has always been a joy of mine. I started my blog for three reasons; I wanted to share that joy I got from styling outfits with others. I also love getting a great deal (I attribute that to my mother, she taught me everything I know.) I wanted to share the fact that you can dress stylish and be on trend without breaking the bank.  And lastly, I wanted to help others dress confidently and just enjoy fashion as much as I do. 
3) What do you love most about blogging? 
Putting outfits together. I like playing around and finding new ways to wear a certain article of clothing. It's fun to see things in a new way and get creative with it. Also, recently I have really enjoyed getting to know other bloggers. I just think that people are so interesting, and life is so beautiful and I like seeing that in other people. Blogging really makes the world just a bit smaller and creates a kinship between one another, I like that.
4) How would you describe your personal style?
I think, a little touch of everything. I like dressing for how I feel. With that being said, I am definitely more girly and feminine than anything else. But I do like to add in rough touches to feminine outfits. I think the best way to describe how I dress is; classic everyday wear. 
5) Spring or Fall fashion?
Although I do love Fall fashion, I think I will have to go with Spring. It's just a time to be super girly, shed your winter layers and play with colors.
6) What one goal do you wish to accomplish this year?
Get pregnant. Ha Ha I know how that sounds but it is  true. Ok, but business related, just keep building my blog and creating good relationships with stores and other bloggers.
7) What is your favorite movie?
Of all time, North and South or Dirty Dancing. From childhood,  Harry Potter and The Grinch. Recently,  Pitch Perfect. I still can't stop laughing at that movie.
8)What is the most delicious food you have ever eaten?
You mean after my momma's cooking? Seriously my mom is a mean cook. One thing momma can't cook though is sushi. East by SouthWest in Durango, Co. has the BEST sushi. My mouth is salivating just thinking about it.
9) What are your 5 favorite stores?
Loft/Ann Taylor, Nordstrom, Marshalls, H&M, Old Navy/Gap,
10) Cat or Dog?
Dog for sure. Cats are too temperamental (not all of them but most). I love how dogs are loyal and sweet and cuddly.
11) What was the most ridiculous (but cool) fashion trend you followed?

Probably faux leather pants. I mean, it's such a cool look, but your first time wearing them you just feel like a fool.
Thank you again Kayla! I appreciate this opportunity. And now I want to share this fun award by nominating 11 other cute bloggers that I follow. Make sure to check these girls out!

Christie from KikiMac
Holly Ross from Sixfiftywest
Jessica Gentry from Featherthread
Lindsey from Pearlsplease
Ashley Paprock from Dashesofash
Alayna Lauren from AlaynaLauren
Sara Covey from Simplyhued 
Kim Myers from Kimcasemyers
Gigi from Itsasparklylife 
Alice Kerley from Lonestarlookingglass
Melissa Allyson from Confettiandglimmer


SHARE THIS POST - {PINTEREST}

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS