6.04.2013

Stripes






Shirt: Target, Skirt: Old Navy, Bag: Langford Market, Earrings: Charming Charlie


This outfit was a little more on the edgy side for me, but I still like it. I found this shirt at Target this past weekend and fell in love with it. It  a sheer, zip up, draw string cutie! I thought that this would go great with my stripe skirt that I found at Old Navy (although this shirt is really going to get a lot of wear this summer and even into fall) and then to keep up with the edgy feel I threw on my AWESOME booties I found last fall at Target. Being me, (I can't go with out a little bling) I had to add a little feminine touch. I think the necklace and earrings give it the right amount of girlie vibe, while not distracting from the outfit. 
I have to say, I love stripes! They are definitely on the top of my list of favorite prints. Along with florals, leopard and anything bohemian. (It's unsure which takes the top spot) But the nice thing about stripes is that they are still going strong. They have been a top print for many seasons, and I don't see them going out very soon. 
If you are ever hesitant to buy stripe print clothing, just be aware of where they hit you (right across the biggest part of your body is no good) and they width of the stripe. The width of the stripe I am wearing is pretty safe for everyone, but if you carry most of your weight on your bottom half, opt for a stripe shirt. And if you are busty just make sure the stripe isn't pulling across your chest- you may have to go up a size or look for a smaller stripe. Illusions make all the difference.

SHARE THIS POST - {PINTEREST}

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS