10.06.2014

Fall Recipes




Baking has always been one of my very favorite things to do. I remember the being very young, maybe around 5 asking my mom if I could help her in the kitchen. She replied by saying, "You can be the taste tester." That confirmed to me that baking was a good thing to do, mostly because the reward is so great.

My mom would often make her amazing Chocolate Zucchini Bread in the fall. And this season I was craving a taste of home.

Also

My husband is a huge lover of pumpkin sweets. He loooove, love, loves pumpkin chocolate chip cookies, pumpkin rolls and pumpkin chocolate chip bread. (But who doesn't right?)

So I decided we needed to have both this year. (The recipes made so much so we shared some with friends)

But because I am convinced I have the best recipes for both (I'm sure we all think that) I decided to share.

First, The bomb pumpkin bread.
2 1/2  cups flour
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp nutmeg
1 cup sugar
3/4 c. veg oil
3 eggs
1/2 c water
1 1/2 c pumpkin
1 c chocolate chips

Mix dry ingredients together, make a well in the middle and add wet ingredients. Mix until smooth. Pour mixture into oiled and floured bread pans. Bake at 350 for 50 min.

Tip: to make sure the chocolate chips don't all sink to the bottom of your bread mix them with flour before putting into the batter.

Chocolate Zucchini Bread

2 oz unsweetened chocolate (2 blocks) melted
2 cups grated zucchini
2 c flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon
3 eggs
1 c sugar
1 c brown sugar
1 c oil 1 tsp vanilla
1 c chocolate chips

Grate zucchini and set aside
Mix wet ingredients and set aside
Melt chocolate in a sauce pan with a little oil.
Mix dry ingredients in a large bowl. Make a well and add wet ingredients. Mix until smooth and add melted chocolate. Mix until incorporated. Once the batter is nice and chocolaty add your grated zucchini and chocolate chips (see tip above). Once everything is all mixed together pour into your bread pans (oiled and floured). Bake at 325 for 45-50 min.

These are seriously some of my favorite fall bread recipes. I hope if you try them that you will enjoy them as much as I do!

SHARE THIS POST - {PINTEREST}

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS